• 189 Beer Street is grandly known as 'HARPLEY' and was the home of the 1970 Caulfield Cup Winner Beer Street.
Want to know more…
• We have a large north facing family home with Parents retreat that includes an office space plus 3 additional large bedrooms all with built-ins. Large Blackwood kitchen, separate dining, lounge opening onto a stone paved deck and beautiful leadlight filled entry. This concrete rendered home is heated by a large Auswood wood heater. Most of the house has been updated with new aluminium windows. Underneath the house is a double length garage, workshop with additional storage.
• The outdoor area includes a large undercover barbeque area with wood heater, wood shed and workshop, a fully enclosed yard with well-established fruit trees. There is also a single carport attached to the wall enclosing the yard.
Keep going you say…
• In addition, there is a 2-bedroom weather board cottage in need of some love to bring it back to its former glory. Set north facing with views of the Bass Strait comprising of 2 bedrooms, open plan kitchen, dining, lounge plus combined toilet, laundry, bath and shower.
• Tasmanian Oak flooring.
• Masonite walls.
• Pay as you go power.
• The perfect addition for family, workers or short stay accommodation (STCA).
What about the land you say…
• Set out over 57.22 acres (23.16 ha) the property currently consists of approx. 30 acres of cropping and the rest suitable for cattle grazing.
• Additional buildings include extra high double garage, large 9x6 metre Colourbond workshop, single vehicle shed, barn (suitable for tractor storage), storage shed (originally strappers quarters), shed, stables and double carport beside the old cottage. Cattle yard, crush and round yard and chemical store, diesel tank.
Water access and irrigation…
• The property has a 2-inch outlet to the Sassafras Wesley Vale irrigation scheme with a 10 megalitre allowance per year.
• 6-inch mains with 5 hydrants have been installed.
• There is a water bore that pumps from 90ft down to a 24,000-litre water tank, this provides water to the house and troughs.
• In addition, there is a 5-6 megalitre dam
As the gateway to the Spirit of Tasmania and Airport this property provides endless potential; whether that be maintained in its current income producing state, a hobby farm, suitable for the horse lover, leased land, berry production or the perfect location as another prized North/West vineyard.
Halliwell Property Agents are delighted to bring this property to market and invite your formal inspection. Please phone the listing agent Vanessa Goodwin to arrange a suitable time or come along to one of our upcoming open homes.
Car Parking - Surface